work

MODEST AND AFFORDABLE WORK WEAR IN NIGERIA

Lifestyle

Hey guys! Long time.. So I’ve been having a hard time at work and I can’t seem to figure out how to make it better. I don’t know, if it’s cause I have a problem with authority, or if it’s cause I’m just not used to my office and all the old people, like seriously guys, the old people in my office are so weird. Let me paint a scenario for y’all..

So, at work, there are a couple people that I out rank, but just because they are elders, I can’t get them to do their job, cause it might come off as disrespectful, they always playing the victim, hitting me with shits like, “ohh, you are like my daughter” or “my child is the same age as you” “I have a son your age, i want to hook you up” “You are such a respectful child”

Like, I end up doing my job, and doing theirs, and on some very few occasion, I literally have to beg and cajole to get these people to do their job, and my boss.. ughhhh! That’s a story for another day.

So I know I’m the blogger here and all and I’m supposed to be providing y’all with answers and solutions but this time, I need a fix y’all.. How do you deal with this kinda situation?

Somebody help!!!

Anyways, the one bright side of my work is that I’m always looking fabulous if I dare say so myself, I don’t play or dress down to work, I always bring my A game (I’m lowkey looking for husband y’all)

I know how difficult it can be to get modest work wear that are affordable and chic. All these brands that are relatively nice are so expensive and i can’t possibly afford them with my salary. (I cannot come and kill my self because I want to slay)

CHECK OUT  GET TO KNOW ME: TWENTY RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME

work

This is a sponsored post but all opinions are totally mine and my honest opinion too.

I recently found out about stylebyhanifa and I was contacted to test out some of their items which I wrote about in this post Here. I’ve since then just fallen in love with the brand. The clothing are exceptional, The quality of the fabrics are amazing and quite frankly unique + the sewing is just exceptional, this is a brand that pays attention to detail.

work

I love colors, and I thank God, my work has no color limitations regarding what to wear, and the color selection stylebyhanifa work with is amazing, vibrant bold colors. I’m totally in love with this brand and I’m not even lying. Even though this skirt was given to me, the top am wearing here, I bought with my own money so it’s not even an ad, I legit love it. I don’t need to talk too much, see for yourself, I was smiling through out this photoshoot because I was so confident and comfortable in what I was wearing.

workworkworkworkworkwork

work

Like I said from my previous post fam, you guys are going to be seeing a lot more work wear inspiration now that I found a place to buy legit work wear clothing that I actually love.

PS: Leema of leemlarh.com loves this brand too.

They can be contacted on Instagram @stylebyhanifa

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH INSUBORDINATION IN THE OFFICE? HOW ELSE WOULD YOU STYLE THIS TOP TO WORK?

17 Comments

• Reply WORK WEAR FOR THE MODEST MUSLIM WOMAN October 10, 2017 at 12:32 am

[…] Check out my other post on stylebyhanifa Here […]

• Reply damie123 September 28, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Love love your blouse and your blog is very beautiful too. I have never dealt with insubordination at work before …so I can’t relate.

Damiesdiary@gmail.com

• Reply SHOP SMARTLY ONLINE BY FOLLOWING THESE TIPS September 24, 2017 at 11:34 am

[…] Okay that’s it guys.. Check out my previous post MODEST AND AFFORDABLE WORK WEAR IN NIGERIA […]

• Reply Girl September 19, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Salmah! It’s been long I came on your site, so much has changed, you are doing so good and am so proud, you look amazing. As for your bosses, I have to agree with Grace, you need to change your act toward them ASAP and maintain a firm smile while you are at it.

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Yeah, it’s been long.. since the days of totaldramaqueen, where have tou been girl! It’s glad to see you, I was legit happy when I saw it was you, thank you so very much for the kind words

• Reply Imaan September 19, 2017 at 10:30 pm

You look so good, you seriously have to share your editing apps with us. This pictures are everything, you just look so beautiful and fresh and goals AF.

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Thanks dear. Posts on how I take and edit my pictures coming up soonest!

• Reply Barakah September 19, 2017 at 11:23 am

You will have to diplomatically deal with your office people hun, I totally agree with debs…Somehow make them see how busy you are so they figure you can’t be doing their work. As much as you need a firm smile you also need to be patient…It’s a process and it will take a while….Now to that killer outfit…..I love love 😍

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:37 pm

Barakah.. thanks for reading and I’ll definitely try what you and debs suggest, although I dunno how I’m going to pull it off.. *sigh

• Reply Grace Gigi September 19, 2017 at 10:00 am

You look amazing as always love. I love how modest fashion still slays.

As for your office people, truth is they know they are being naughty. Using sentiments and age and all to subtly bully you into doing their jobs. Put a firm smile on your face while changing it for them o.

Epiphany29.com
    Fashion Essentials

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:38 pm

😂 Grace, thank you. And yes, I definitely plan on changing it for them, just thought I’d be nice as the new girl, but it’s clear they like to take advantage of my niceness. Thanks dear.

• Reply Felicia September 19, 2017 at 8:51 am

I think the best thing to do is to stop doing their work for them and when it becomes trouble, don’t try to cover up for them, let them feel the heat of not doing what they are supposed to do. I understand your pain, it can be annoying.

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:40 pm

It is annoying and frankly it is tiring, I’ve tried this tactics, but it doesn’t work cause I always get the blame since I’m supposed to be the supervisor, I’m suppose to make sure they do their job.

• Reply Mariam September 19, 2017 at 8:48 am

Love love love this outfit!! How is one person so fine, heh!!

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Aww. Lol felicia, you make me blush… thanks dear

• Reply Debs September 19, 2017 at 4:44 am

I’ve never really faced insubordination at work especially from adult! That can be hard…but one way have handled younger or a little older surbodinates was to jokes around a little and at the same time be firm when need be.

Sometimes I say things like, “The boss wasn’t pleased with what you did the last time. I had to put in word for you that you’d do better again.”

Your outfit is just all shades of modesty and beauty!!! I love 💙💙💙 The smile itself is contagious 😊

• Reply Salmah September 19, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Yes, thanks debs! I’m definitely going to do that from now henceforth, was just trying to be miss nice girl, but I cannot come and go and kill myself! Thanks a lot.