So last weekend, i went on a date. ? that sounds so weird coming from me, it's been so long i did such a cliché thing and to be honest, i was lowkey nervous about it, Infact it's been so long since i met a guy (that translates to "it's been so long since i was attracted to a guy") been so caught up with all the world was throwing at me, i completely neglected that part of my life.
So it's safe to say i was out of touch, i couldn't remember anything, i fussed about what to wear, how to act, what to do, what not to do, the list goes on.. So as the time drew near, i got even more agitated, until finally, i was in the car with my date(corny) from that point forward, everything went awesome (in my opinion) a miracle, it was like i snapped back into person.. Needless to say the day went smoothly, greatly.. I had so much fun, the Mr swears he enjoyed himself and so I'm here to share tips (that i caught on to) on how to have an enjoyable first date.
Check out my post on date night with bae Here.
- Dress comfortably: This is a no brainer! Enjoyment starts with comfort! Try to find out if its a casual or formal setting, dress appropriately, and heels ladies, when faced with a choice between heels and flats? Always choose heels. (comfortable ones, but heels!) unless you don't wear heels, in that case, then flats.
- Like your date: This is for those of you that go on dates because "make i just go make e no be like say" seriously girls.. Remember the saying YOLO? Don't go on pity dates, don't go on dates for free food, don't go on dates causs you are bored! Go on dates only when you actually like the person so that you can work on getting to know the person genuinely, if you go in dates where you don't like the person already, it's just going to be awkward and sad and you are going to put so little or so much effort into liking the person then. (except if it's a blind date, if it is then sorry) you're fucked!
- Be yourself: Let things come naturally, don't try to force it, it won't end well. One of the reasons i had an immensely good time was cause i was been my self. Of course it helped that my date was a sweet and open person so it was so easy to laugh out loud and talk about things that I'm passionate about. You want your date to know the real you. So.... Why not?
- Throw caution to the wind: Lol. No. Do not make out at the back of the car. (unless you are into that, in that case, go for it!) What i actually mean is do not be too reserved, it's okay to have fun. Sing at the top of your voice, eat your dinner with your fingers (clean fingers of course) put your legs on the dashboard (if you wish) just let loose and enjoy. Everything need not be so formal, it's a date, not an interview.
- Kiss at the end of the night: (OPTIONAL) But i find, i like this part a lot (lol) I know you are supposed to kiss at date three or something.. But.. What's the hold up, if things go well, a little peck will give you something to think about for the rest of the night...
While everyone is different and people enjoy different things, following these simple steps could make all the difference.
How best do you enjoy dates? What would you wear on a first date?