Styling layers. But first, tips.
I used to suck terribly at managing the time i had, not that i was busy o, just that i was a professional procrastinator. I would put off stuffs until the dying minutes, i would wait until the very last minute to start to prepare, i would sleep in and arrive at meetings or dates one or two hours late, ultimately, i would just cancel sometimes. Look how i styled this outfit in layers.
Let me tell you something about late coming or cancelling appointments, it makes you feel like shit! Yep, i don't know about you, but each time i arrived late to yet another meeting, each time i cancelled yet another obligation, it kills my whole day, i start to feel like the most unproductive person ever! Even worse, people start to see you like shit, nobody takes you seriously anymore.
And thats why, after several missed opportunities (due to poor time management) and lots of scolding (from my mom mostly) I have begun to master the art of time management effectively, and what kind of person would i be if i didn't share with you guys a few tips to get you started on keeping to time...
- Post-it: ? as corny as this may be. I got this idea from watching the TV series "being Mary jane" where she wrote down quotes and stuffs she was going to use on her show. Same rule applies here. I write down stuffs that i need to do on post-its and stick them any and every where stickable. It's hard to ignore stuffs when they are always in your face.
- Spend more time with doers: This goes without saying. If you wanted to hang out with a fellow procrastinator, you could just buy yourself some lunch and there you have it. Instead of hanging with people who would remain still when you are still, focus on been with people who are go getters and hard workers. Hopefully, their "i can do everything all the time" energy will rub off on you.
- Assign a procrastination police officer: My mom is my self-appointed police. She made herself the police and makes sure to follow up on me when i have projects, meetings or obligations. I never hear the end of it until the task is complete. Assign to your self someone who would hold you accountable for stuffs, when you know there's someone who knows about your plans, you are more likely to finish it.
- Get a planner: I have a confession. I am a planner collector. I collect planners, jotters, notepads and dairies everywhere i go. Having a good dairy or notepad will not only help you plan out schedule and assign time for each project, it'll also help you keep track of past events that would be useful for reference purpose.
- Wake up earlier: Yes, studies show that.. Actually i don't know what studies show, but waking up early will let you tick more off your 'to do' list and give your day a general positive vibe.
- Take more showers: You may be thinking what showers has to do with it, but let me tell you, taking a shower will instantly wake up all the sleeping cells in your body and fill you with new energy. Sometimes feeling fresh and clean can boast our willingness to do more.
Finally, don't compare yourself with anyone. Just cause Mr. A finished at this time doesn't mean you have to finish at the same time. Always go at your pace, so long as it's a comfortable, healthy and productive pace. And just cause Mrs B did has like that, doesn't mean yours have to look exactly like that too. Because trying to copy others and the fear of not been able to deliver can be one of the biggest triggers of procrastination.
Check out my post on how to become happier this year Here.
So in this outfit, I had met with blogger and fellow doer @_leema of leemlarh for some ice cream and brainstorming and she graciously agreed to take photos of me. Even though the weather could roast a chicken and i was sweating like q chicken been roasted, we still managed to get some pictures cause i didn't want my outfit to waste without showing it to you guys. I tried my hands on layers in this outfit, guys what do you think, did i try?
How do you avoid procrastination and keep to time? How would you have styled this outfit differently?