Hello guys, We talking shop today.
Just want to share some tips i have come to appreciate after years of shopping online, Yes, i love to shop online, It’s that bad that I buy even toothbrushes online. I wholehearted love to shop online, I like to buy things using my phone and it’s become a lifestyle. So as a smart online shopper,
I'd be sharing a few tips to make sure you are able to shop online happily and smartly.
- The stores are never close (and boy, do I like shopping at night!)
- No annoying crowd or annoying sales girl or annoying anything really, it’s just you and your phone/PC
- You can save really big (if you are smart enough to know how to utilize deals and coupons)
- You get to see reviews of what you want to buy from previous buyers (sometimes though this is a sham)
- Also, you can window shop without having to actually buy anything (and you will not be smirked at)
- More choices of products (and if you are penny wise, you can compare prices)
- You can shop in your pajamas or naked (my personal favorite)
- Sometimes, online shops can be cheaper (no including rent and sales person’s salary in your small purchase
But we all know where there are advantages, there are also disadvantages and some include...
- Shipping fee (most importantly!)
- Sometimes you don’t get what you see (great annoyance, shop with only reputable sites)
- Problem solving is a long gruesome task
- Items take a while to get to you
- No power to negotiate
- Not knowing your size. If you are worried about sizing, you can check out a size guide here. (you are welcome)
So, there are pros and cons, everything has pros and cons, but smart online shoppers know that with the right tools and a little patience, you can shop and save and splurge. Since I consider myself to be one of the smart ones, let me share with you a few tips and tools to optimize your time online.
- Create a shopping list: You probably want to buy everything all the time, me too! But that's not practical and it won’t help you if you want to have a savings. Screen grabbing every item you want won’t help you either. What will help you is creating a comprehensive and realistic shopping list in accordance with your scale of preference, from what you need instantly to what you can wait a couple more days for, buy based on your list and gradually tick them off and add other items as you are buying. You can also create a wish list and slip items from it into your cart once in a while. Use apps like
- Checkout at most twice a month: This is really important, if you shop online a lot, you are going to be constantly harassed by shipping fee, that is why it is important to keep a list, with a list, you can buy everything you need at a go, hoard your items in your cart and then check them out at a time. As a rule, i do not check out more than twice in one month.
- Always compare prices: There are so many online stores out there and they all sell the same things at different prices, make sure to always compare prices before you purchase an item online. Online stores can be very tricky, they tell you something is discounted yet you can get it cheaper if you just scroll down a little more, so take your time, there is no hurry, I bet you can get that item at a cheaper price if you just look a little more. Apply relevant filters when searching for items, Use the sort tool to sort items shown to you. You can also use apps like ‘Shop savvy’ to compare prices from different stores.
- Utilize coupons and discount codes: Yep, keep your eyes and ears peeled for discount codes and coupons from your favorite stores, always try to get the best deals and search the web for coupons, and please try them, don't just assume they won't work, there is no harm in trying, trust me, you will thank me for this, there is this extra satisfaction in knowing that a meager 10% has been sliced off you already cheap purchase. (as a broke girl that I am)
- Sign up for newsletters: I know we don’t like marketers spamming our inbox with rude messages and fake promises of ongoing sales, but trust me, after a while, I have come to realize the importance of signing up for newsletters (and paying attention to them) you will legit get the best deals, coupon codes, off days and lots more. It is worth the trouble.
Jumia and konga are the most popular Nigerian online shop. But some of my favorites also include dealday and slot, i have tried jiji once and i did not hate it. I buy a lot of skin care and makeup, so sometimes i shop directly from the official site of a product. Instagram shops too are becoming a thing these days (lol, am hopeless) I try to avoid shopping with foreign stores a lot, but sometimes it’s just unavoidable. For cheap stuffs and fast delivery, I always use alibabaexpress, but most times I shop from my favorite stores (Amazon, Ebay, Payless, Polyvore) Using mallforAfrica. I especially love using mallforAfrica because you can shop directly from so many brands, it will cost a few extra bucks but it's amazing.
TURTLENECK- Get it Here
JACKET- From Polyvore (SOLD OUT)
JEAN- IN STORE
SHOES- Similar Here
POMPOM- Get it Here
Okay that's it guys.. Check out my previous post MODEST AND AFFORDABLE WORK WEAR IN NIGERIA
DO YOU PREFER TO SHOP ONLINE OR IN STORE? DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR SHOPPING ONLINE?
[bctt tweet="Become a smart online shopper by following these simple tips" username="dearsalmah_"]