Hey ladies. And the guys that still came to read even after seeing the title with tampons and sanitary pads. Welcome.
My first time using a tampon was on that list! Now I’m here to set things straight, plus since then I’ve sort of become a pro at this tampon business, so I’ll be sharing a few useful knowledge to help you make an informed decision on what’s best for you and your vagina.
So tampons or sanitary pads?
Personally, I’ll say Tampons all day everyday. But let’s take a look at the facts, shall we..
Advantages of tampons over sanitary pads..
- Tampons are plain old more comfortable than pads(Don’t argue with me on this one)
- Tampons are small and you can carry them everywhere. Literally, everywhere.
- You can wear whatever you want without worrying about panty lines with a tampon
- You can go commando wearing a tampon
- Go swimming wearing a tampon
- Freedom of movement
- No wet sticky feeling
- No itching or discomfort
- You can literally just forget that thing up there and go about life (just don’t forget for too long)
- Tampons are subtle. No one needs to know you on your period.
Man, I could go on forever but let me just stop here.
Now to the advantages of pad over tampon.
- You don’t have to insert it (that’s the fear for most people)
- It can last longer (this is only an advantage for lazy girls)
That’s all I can think of. Y’all can clearly see why tampon is the winner. Stay with me guys
Next, let’s put to rest some common misconceptions about tampons…
- You can loose your virginity to a tampon-Even if google did not already have a ton of posts falsifying that claim, common sense should just tell you, a tampon is literally the size of a finger
- You lose sensitivity during sex when you use a tampon- Now I cannot speak for this one but it sure sounds shady to me.
- Tampons are bad and all users of tampons will go to hell fire- Thank you all weirdo pastors and imams!
- Tampon can get lost in your vagina- Am sorry to break it to you sis, but it’s a vagina, not not watering hole.
- Tampons feels like a penis in the vagina- Have you seen a tampon? I can categorically tell you a tampon does not feel like a dick in a vagina, that’s just weird.
Now that that’s been settled.. let’s talk about how you can use a tampon.
- Choose the right size (Because good things come in different shapes and sizes, newbie to tampons? I’d probably say go for the smallest)
- Always wash your hands before and after inserting a tampon (This one is just common sense)
- Get in a comfortable position. Squatting or standing with one leg up always works
- Push that thing all the way in. It was made to go in there, no need to get shy, make sure to push it all in until only the rope is hanging out
- Flex your self to check if it’s comfortable. If you fix it well, you should not even be feeling it. If you feeling it, just do it again, adjust and re adjust, you would become a pro at this thing after a few tries.
Okay now, on how to use a pad?
That’s pretty basic yes? Plaster it nice and snug onto your panties, and wear it. Pretty straightforward.
So to the ultimate question.. Tampons or sanitary pad?
Me? I’m a tampon girl. But let’s face it, sometimes you gotta work with the two to strike a balance. So the way I do it, and the way I recommend is tampons during the day and sanitary pads at night. Just cause sanitary pads will last longer and you don’t have to worry about waking to change it.
On the issue of changing, when you are using a tampon, you better change it every three to four hours and for a pad always change every six to eight hours.
You run the risk of getting infections like toxic shock if you leave a tampon in for too long. There’s also risk of many infections from prolonged use of sanitary pads, some of which includes yeast, itchy vagina, rashes, rawness and pain around the vagina, UTI(urinary tract infection) the list is endless. Plus it’s simply unhygienic and weird and you may start to develop an unsavory scent, so just make sure to change in time and stay safe.
NB: Tampons should not be flushed down the toilet, they can clog it. After use, please tie snugly in a thrash bag and dispose of it discreetly.
Okay.. what did I leave out?
Tell me below… Are a sanitary pad girl or a tampon girl? tell me why.
Liked this post? Then you would like my post onFIVE ULTIMATELY UNDEBATEABLE REASONS YOU SHOULD INVEST IN SUNSCREEN NOW!