FEATURED IMAGE FROM BING.COM
Kids are amazing creatures no doubt. Chubby and cute and cuddly. But there’s truly nothing amazing about traveling with them. In fact, traveling with kids can be borderline stressful. I don’t even have kids but I know this first hand, traveling with my younger siblings are some of my worst travel experience, from cries and screams to embarrassing strangers, to ridiculous demands, the list is endless.
What you definitely do not need is the added struggle of not been prepared. That can easily make your travel go from pleasant to horrifying in a second. How then do you travel with kids with little or no stress? I’ll tell you.
- Flights, hotel rooms, tours? Book everything on time. It does not pay to arrive at the airport/destination dragging a bunch of kids with you and trying to get things in order. Flight booking online will save you the unnecessary hassle. Always try as much as possible to book morning flights because they are less crowded and let’s face it, airport security and staffs are less cranky and more willing to accommodate in the morning.
CHECK YOUR DOCUMENTS:
- Because children cannot be trusted, sorry. Be vigilant and check all documents. If you are travelling out of the country, make sure your passports and visas are in check. Check for Cheap flights to USA to save cost. The cost of a last-minute passport and ticket is alarming and it’s even more alarming when you have to cancel the whole trip because you didn’t cross check.
BUY YOUR TICKET ONLINE:
- Because we are in a technology age and nothing beats arriving at the airport with your kids complete with your tickets and ready to move. You should always compare prices while buying tickets especially when buying tickets for flights to USA Traveling with kids can be expensive, always try to save cost by getting cheap flights anytime you can.
PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS:
- From clothing to hand sanitizer, to weather forecasts! You don’t want to miss anything. Airplanes and trains or buses are not the cleanest or most predictable places. You don’t want your kids to catch a flu or virus while en route. For those with toddlers, don’t forget extra napkins, wipes, tissues, and everything. Have extras of everything!
- Sweets will give kids more energy than necessary. In other to avoid embarrassing situations, avoid feeding them too much sweets beforehand. Instead, you can give them fruits and savory snacks like cheese balls, bread sticks and even vegetables like carrots.
DON’T FORGET THE MEDICINE:
- Asthma pumps, ibuprofen, vitamins, or even a little bit of cough syrup is necessary. If your kids are extra sensitive or active, it may also be a good idea to pack your own first aid kit with antiseptic wipes, plasters, sting treatment etc. Don’t leave anything to chance, pack all necessary medications and be prepared for anything.
HAVE ACTIVITIES READY:
- Because children are not patient creatures and don’t care to know the reasons behind flight delays or other unforeseen circumstances. Pack safe toys and games to keep them occupied during the trip. This will help avoid any sulking or attitude. You can be extra careful during flight booking by booking with reliable air lines.
- Yes, this may seem a little extreme, but believe me it is necessary. Whether you have a wanderer or tend to easily get distracted, branding them will make sure you find them easily in case. You can write your name and number on them or on an item they always carry with them.
Watch clip below for more details.
Finally, just remember, traveling with kids will not always be rosy, things are bound to get a little out of hand, but once you arrive and see the smiles on those cute faces, it will be totally worth it! Always try to find cheap flights and if you follow the tips above, you should find it easier and more manageable while traveling with your kids.
Read my previous post; Lessons learned in 2017
Have you ever traveled with kids? How did you prepare? Tell me below.