IT HAPPENED TO ME AND IT CHANGED ME

Last year, I really learned how to cry.

I cried until my throat hurt and my eyes dried out. And then I laughed. It seems everything that had never happened to me in all my years of life happened to me last year..

I lost someone very dear to me..

In my whole more than two decades of living, I had never truly lost anyone that really shook me quiet like last year. I never understood what loss meant until it felt like someone was reaching into my chest and ripping my heart apart.

I got robbed at gun point..

Prior to this, the only gun I’ve ever seen were in movies, or the hunters gun or the most realistic where the ones soldiers held at check points. And then they came into my home with their guns to steal material things with no sentimental attachment. They left as they came, with nothing of importance.

I got into an accident..

It happened fast, I almost can’t recall the details, it was bad but not critical, I lived with a few bruises and so did the vehicle involved. And yet, this too was something new to me.

I got critically ill..

I was infected with a bacteria called h.pylori which caused ulcers and I battled with it for months, it was never ending, everyone was in pain as I was in pain. And for months, everyone’s life revolved around my pain.

Naturally, after all I’ve been through you can expect that I fell into depression

My mental health took a downward spin, I had previously suffered from depression and had been treated accordingly but as the year unfolded, it became clear that I was relapsing fast and needed to get help immediately.

CHECK OUT  HOW TO DEAL WITH LOST LUGGAGE WHEN TRAVELING

No doubt my skin followed suit

I can’t say I’ve really had great skin over the years, but I was beginning to get a good grasp of it and then everything happened and it was like I was back to square one..

And as if I hadn’t suffered enough, I went through a breakup..

Can we call it a breakup if your man simply ghosted? Well.. he ghosted. He resurfaced with an excuse but you guessed right, I was over it.

Last year I learned how to cry. I felt fear and I felt pain, my heart broke and my mind snapped. My body changed and my life changed.

And yet, here I am..

Living, laughing, moving on and all I can say is thank God.

2018 has undoubtedly been one of the hardest years of my adult life but I want to believe it’s also also been very insightful..

It was in all this, I learned about myself, my weakness and strengths. I learnt how strong I could be, how resilient I could be. I learned about love and sacrifice.

So here I am, hoping I’m wiser and stronger and ready to take on what 2019 has in store for me..

Cheers to a better life..

Now guys, tell me what kinds of posts y’all will love to see on here this year?

27 Comments

• Reply Amaka January 17, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Salmah! You’ve surely been missed, so happy to see you back. My gosh, I didn’t know you were going through all this. How can all this befall a person in a single year – and here you are, still managing to create content for us. I can’t even imagine the pain you have been through – mentally and physically. I just strongly hope that this year will be better. I remember my friend having an ulcer attack and she was in tears, I can’t even imagine how you were. God why? Thank you for coming back – I thank God he kept you alive still and I am thankful for your strong character. 2019 must surely be better.

I’d like to see more of you – no matter the category the post is in, I’d highly appreciate any content from you. Love your girl talks though when you get all raw and everything – pleas educate us more on your ulcer experience, if you feel comfortable. We have a lot of gist to catch up on, honestly.

• Reply Salmah January 18, 2019 at 7:08 am

Amaka! Thank you for coming on and I definitely can’t wait to put out content here! I’m so very grateful for your love and support. And yes, 20-8 was undoubtedly the hardest year of my life, but I survived it and here I am. I will definitely be sharing my ulcer experience if it’s going to help anyone, I would be glad. It’s not a pretty experience at all.
      All in all, I’m just glad to be back and I’m so filled with joy and gratitude with the way everyone has been incredibly accepting of me. Thank you!

• Reply Hameedah January 4, 2019 at 2:37 pm

Baby, last year was quite hard on a lot of us but I’m glad you’re back and shinning too. Your skin is popping and I can only pray that you get more reasons to smile. Welcome back Sally.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Thank you meedah. I miss you.

• Reply KBHwriting January 4, 2019 at 6:54 am

Hello Salma. Happy New year. Good to have you strong and healthy again. Last year did so many bad things to most of us, while it did great for others. Let’s keep our legs crossed and let our year seek us out. Before then, be strong and try to enjoy every bit of every day.
    Nothing ever last forever love.
    KBHwriting recently posted… Weight loss drinks that helped me lose 30kg in 3 months.My Profile

• Reply Sahni Waiman January 4, 2019 at 5:24 am

happy new year. It’s been a while I stopped by here and so I can’t say anything about posts I want to see but, I love the highlighted post-topics I’m seeing.
    Sahni Waiman recently posted…Rape and Assault; Victim Blaming. My Profile

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:56 am

Sahni! Thank you very much.

• Reply Larisa January 4, 2019 at 2:34 am

2019 is definitely going to be an amazing year for you love, all the things we pass through are meant to shape us in life. 💕

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:55 am

Amen Larisa! Thank you so much.

• Reply Amina Dan January 3, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Sorry for what u went through, hopefully it goes up from here 🙏. More fashion posts 😁😁

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:55 am

Insha Allah, thanks Ameena.

• Reply Aisha January 3, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Alhamdulillah! Are you special? Do you deserve the best? HELL YES! Keep striving baby and may Allah continue to guide and protect. I’d like to see more beauty posts, thank you🙂.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:54 am

Thanks baby girl. Alhamdullilah indeed. More beauty post coming right up!

• Reply Linda B January 3, 2019 at 6:25 pm

The things people go through! All in one year, my dear you are strong. May God continue to protect you and keep you happy, this year is your year.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:54 am

Hey linda, thanks for reading and amen to a great year

• Reply Abiodun January 3, 2019 at 6:22 pm

These pictures are beautiful. Welcome back salma greater heights ahead for you.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:53 am

• Reply Paul January 3, 2019 at 6:19 pm

You are not only strong but you are beautiful and that smile, I’ve missed that smile. Please more hilarious story like posts, they are my favorite.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:53 am

Thank you Paul and I gotcha with story time posts

• Reply Zainab January 3, 2019 at 6:17 pm

You are a warrior. We almost don’t deserve you but we are glad to have you back. Oh and I will love to see more relationship posts, tips and beauty posts too.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:53 am

Lol zeeee… thanks a lot. Beauty tips coming up baby

• Reply Deeawata January 3, 2019 at 6:16 pm

my love, you have been through alot but you know what? You are strong, beautiful, loved and blessed by God. 2019 will be a great year for you. Amen.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:52 am

Dee!! Thank you so much

• Reply Onyeka January 3, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Beautiful … we have missed you around here, cannot wait to see what you got in store for us this year. I’m excited for us.

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:52 am

Thank you! I’m excited too, and I’ve missed being here

• Reply Debs January 3, 2019 at 5:26 pm

My favorite is back!!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

I’m so sorry about all you had to go through, Salmah. Sound like a whole lot but I’m glad you came out stronger, better and wiser.

This year would be better and happier for you darling. Cheers to a blessed 2019. And I look forward to more fashion and girly posts 😁

• Reply Salmah January 4, 2019 at 10:52 am

Thanks debs. More fashion and girly posts! Coming right up!