Skirts are not my favorite things to wear.
To be very honest, I’ve always felt like skirts gave me a really not so cool plain Jane look that I like to think does not resonate with my personality. So skirts are not the items I usually reach out for when putting an outfit together. But I know we cannot totally forego skirts in our wardrobe (I mean we can but why would we want to when there’s a much sexier alternative like switching up. Edge up skirt outfit) plus I know not everyone is like me, some people actually do prefer skirts or wear skirts exclusively.
I find myself thinking of ways which I can edge up that basic skirt in my wardrobe that I haven’t worn in ages.
Below I have listed out my favorite ways to edge up what would have normally been a plain Jane circle skirt. Keeping in mind that these would also work perfectly for any other kind of skirt, they are so easy and will instantly encourage you to reach out for that skirt you would normally not reach out for..
Or If you are the kind that wear skirts more often, then that’s okay too, these are fun ways to spice up regular looks.
- Small frames sunnies: This is definitely one of the trends of this season that I’m really warming up to. Wearing something as trend driven as these tiny glasses will instantly add the right amount of style and Oompf to the most basic outfit. Not to mention they are so practical!
- Minimal jewelry: I will say a great leather watch will do a lot of good in this scenario, something about watches makes it seem like you spent hours putting a look together when the opposite is the case.
- Bold lip: Well, because why not. This is the best way to add character to an otherwise boring or basic look.
- Hosiery: A pantyhose or fishnets is not only a sure way to edge up any look, it is bound to earn you more than a few admirers on the streets. Hosiery is not one sure way to immediately add effortless edge to an outfit.
- Sneakers: I am simply obsessed with the sneakers and dress/skirt trend. You can even find me in a sneaker and a skirt on this post. The versatility and ultimate comfort of chunky sneakers makes them the ultimate addition to your skirt outfit, guaranteeing you would be looking anything but basic!
Now even though I practically styled all these tips in one look! You can definitely mix and match, try one or two and not necessarily all at once in a look. Although it sure still works well, don’t you think?
Tell me your tips to take a basic outfit to the next level. Comment below!