Reading books has always been a huge part of my life.
I love to read and I started reading at a very young age. It started with unhealthy mills and boons romance novels, but boy am I glad I've moved on and grown up to better, more useful and frankly more wholistic taste in books.
Now whether you're a born bookworm like me, or you just have more time than usual _sideeye pandemic_ and you'll like to use that time to try something new, or learn something new or cultivate a reading habit, settle right in and get ready to dive in.
I've got some books lined up for you. These are a selection of some of the books I've read recently and I've loved, all for different purposes and different times, so you may find something that catches your eyes and keeps you enthralled.
- IDIOT BY LAURA CLEGY; Laura talks about everything in her life and how she's failed and succeeded. If you don't know who Laura is, she is an incredibly talented comedian and online personality. This book details some of the most humiliating and painful times in her life and does it in such a way that still manages to make you laugh while relating to somethings and empathising with others. If you ever needed a "You can still get back on track, no matter how shitty your life looks right now" pep talk from your recovering addict auntie, this is the book to read.
- VAGINA BY NAOMI WOLF; WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY LEARN ABOUT VAGINAS? You ask. Plenty, as far as Naomi Wolf is concerned. I'll admit, I have a love\hate relationship with this book. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the turn it took and it just became some weird pseudoscience fictitious stuff. But if you're a
womanperson interested in knowing more about Vaginas, then this book may be worth the read after all.
- THE SECRET LIVES OF BABA SEGI'S WIVES BY LOLA SHONEYIN; Something fun and refreshing. For those long lazy afternoons, you can literally finish this book in one seating. And trust me you would want to. The ability of this book to be both funny and thought provoking is amazing. Subtly shedding light on numerous important issues and serving as a comic relief. This humorous story gives voices to culture and individual experience and has an unexpected fun twist you wouldn't see coming. You will want to read this story even if you hate reading stories.
- THE KISS QUOTIENT BY HELEN HOANG; My most recent read, is this seriously sexy, not too over the top, very dramatic book. LOL. It's the book of the month in my books club. Nothing particularly life changing about it, but it is just sweet and funny enough to make you giggle to yourself. And lets not forget all that steam_If you get the gist. I'm all for anything to relieve the stress of this period and an unrealistic easy steamy romance book sets up just the right mood.
BUY THE KISS QUOTIENT BY HELEN HOANG
- THE SUN AND HER FLOWERS BY RUPI KAUR; I Love poetry. I love all it embodies and the new wave of poetry has been breathing life into me. Its so simple and relatable, and lets you feel stuff without thinking too much. The themes of this book is love and loss, trauma and abuse, healing, femininity and the body. From incredibly catchy phrases for your instagram caption to short sentences that'll make you want to touch yourself, this book is worth a read.
- MY JOURNEY BY DONNA KARAN; This is a honourable mention, I came to know about this book when I saw a photo of it and I was immediately taken. If you're into fashion or the business of fashion, this is one memoir you shouldn't skip out on reading.
- BUY MY JOURNEY BY DONNA KARAN
That's all for this week guys! I'd love to know what you have been reading, do share some of your favourite reads with me.